12/12/07

Ugly Sweater Party

So every year my old pal Lucinda throws a Holiday party at her and her husband's lovely house in the Oak Cliff neighborhood or Dallas. December is the first time we Texans pull out our sweaters from storage, and then only when there's a little nip in the air at night in fact. The concept for her party is that you have to show up with the ugliest sweater you can find. There are prises for the most appalling and vile sweaters. To date, I have been unable to attend but this year I did find a vintage photo of myself in a poorly chosen sweater and submitted it for the contest.

I share with you now, clipped from the Daily Norman (OK) Transcript, 10/28/81, from an article about the naming of the Norman High Student Congress, representing the marching band, yours truly: