8/20/07

Some damn fine meals...

Whenever I sit down to a great plate of vittles, I snap a pic and send it on to my foodie pals. As I am cleaning out the hard drive, I reckoned I'd share a mess with you all.


Chicken Fried Steak, a Texas classic, at Hoover's Cooking, Austin TX, $7.99




Mixed Beef & Chicken Fajita Platter, Enchilada's y Mas, Austin TX, $9.99 House motto: "Never trust a skinny cook."



Arugula & Prosciutto pizza, Mandola's Market, Austin TX, $8.50



Beef Steak Milanesa, La Jaliensence, Austin TX, $4.99 lunch special.
(Note nuclear green hot sauce, a local favorite.)



Queso Flameado w/ chorizo, Mariachi Bar, San Antonio TX, $6.95


The best beef ribs in the whole world, Buz and Ned's Real BBQ, Richmond VA, on the house.



The greatest example ever of a Texas staple. Cheese Enchilada platter w/ meat sauce, no rice and perfect beans. Casita Jorge's, Austin TX, $7.49



Sarmale cu Mamaliga (cabbage rolls w/ polenta,) homemade pickled veggies and fries, Restaurant Drauka, Austin TX, $11.99.

Hungry?