11/5/10

Blogging for some other Blog...

It's a funny world now.

I used to contribute articles for publications (Old Time Herald, Bass Player, Austin Chronicle, Sing OUT!, No Depression, ect..) Now I just write of my Facebook page all the time and don't really add much here.

That's why I was so surprised when I got an email out of the blue asking if I'd be interested in blogging for the Arty Semite, an arts and culture blog on the Forward website. The Forward, the English wing of the Yiddish Forverts and is the oldest continuously published paper in America, has gotten into new media big-time and they seem hungry for content. Even from writers like me, way far away from the Jewish cultural main steam.


Okie doke then, the Okie Kike is here to oblige (for the right price!)

Follow this link to my report on the International Accordion Festival and my performance there with Montreal based Yiddish-Hip-Hop phemom Josh Dolgin aka SoCalled.

Enjoy!